A versatile, resourceful and enthusiastic professional with more than 15 years of experience in managing and administrating multiscale projects from planning phase to completion.
Extensive experience of creating letters and writing reports, proposals and contracts, updating confidential computer records, setting up meetings, managing staff travel and other logistics, using office equipment including printers, scanners, photocopiers and fax machines, sourcing quotes, stock taking and ordering supplies, dealing with incoming and outgoing post, telephone, email and social media enquiries, greeting clients and customers and handling complaints.
Looking for a move away from freelance events work to a permanent position and considering a change of industry. Immediately available and keen to start work.
- Very organised approach and excellent time management skills when working to multiple deadlines.
- Exemplary communication skills with the ability to lead or be part of a team.
- Highly computer literate with good keyboard skills. Excellent English spelling and grammar.
- High numeracy skills. Accurate with outstanding attention to detail.
- Accomplished team player who can also work independently using own initiative.
- IT skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MacOS, Logic Pro X (Audio production), Social Media and Internet.
Associate Producer (voluntary)
- Responsible for the production lifecycle of a range of projects incorporating emerging technologies. Currently producing production schedules for development and installation processes.
- Producer for the Creative Futures series of quarterly live panel discussion events exploring the relationship between technology and the new digital consumer.
Jul 2018 - Nov 2018
- Managed Philharmonia Orchestra's 'The Virtual Orchestra' virtual reality experience and immersive audio visual installation. Managed the Front of House visitor experience, providing a welcoming first point of contact for all visitors. Handled visitor complaints, monitored and regulated audience flow through the site.
- Managed the Front of House team including event staff, volunteers and orchestra members. Devised daily volunteer schedules and conducted briefings. Organised guided tours, school and community group workshops, events and performances in the installation. Devised public-facing interactions to promote concert ticket sales and facilitate data collection. Ensured the effective implementation of all health and safety and safeguarding procedures.
Jan 2017 - Sep 2017
- Efficiently managed event administration including contracting, budgeting, fee negotiations and compliance procedures. Devised and implemented event timelines. Responsible for client liaison, production staff and vendor management, venue sourcing, artist booking and liaison, on-site and transport logistics, and event evaluation.
- Managed a range of internal, launch and brand activation events. Developed creative event solutions for media, charity and consumer brands. Managed events from initiation to delivery stage. Spearheaded teams of up to 30 participants and 20 production staff per event for audiences of over 1000 people.
Nov 2014 - May 2017
Manro Medical Ltd
- Oversaw all event management and administration including staffing, programme and competition scheduling, contracting, budgeting, financial negotiations and the design and installation of on-site branding and equipment. Managed a key hospital extension project, achieving objectives within the target budget and 18-month timeline.
- Accomplished all aspects of maintenance activities for 6 branches including repair and refurbishment works. Carried out all administrative duties including time and cost calculations, working with multiple budgets and timelines.
- Identified and analysed causes for project delays through communicating with internal and external stakeholders. Planned and delivered the organisation’s participation in 20 annual community events, mobilising 40 staff across 6 veterinary practices.
Aug 1997 - Nov 2014
- Oversaw all event management and administration including venue hire, artist booking and liaison, staffing, contracting, budgeting, financial negotiations and stage management. Collaborated and maintained ongoing dialogue with international promoters to expand and strengthen the brand. Events were held in 15 countries with audiences of up to 2000 people.
- Established the company as a highly respected niche brand with an international reputation for innovative, cross-disciplinary work. Responsible for all aspects of event management and administration. Curated and managed all events from conception to completion. Led highly skilled teams of up to 40 artists and 20 production staff per event.
- Successfully produced and promoted UK events for audiences of up to 1000 people. Highlights include a total of 7 events in the prestigious Royal Festival Hall, Queen Elizabeth Hall and Purcell Room, working as Southbank Centre Producer-in-Resident and Alchemy Festival Partner Organisation.
- Promoted events and artists through developing and implementing promotional strategies. Expertly utilised broadcast media including BBC2, E4, MTV (Europe, India and U.S), BBC Radio One, BBC London, BBC Asian Network and Radio X for promotion. Accomplished press coverage in a wide range of UK press including Time Out, London Metro and Evening Standard.
- Effectively raised funding from organisations such as UKTI, British Council, Arts Council England and PRS for Music Foundation. Planned and delivered over 160 hours of workshops and live performances, in London schools and arts centres featuring young performers, students and 20 performers.
BA Media Studies
Sep 1990 - Jun 1993
University of Westminster
A Levels: English Language/Economics/Geography
Sep 1987 -
Richmond Tertiary College
O Levels: English Lang & Lit/Maths/French/Art/Biology/Chemistry/Physics/Geography
- Jun 1987
Grey Court School, Ham, Richmond Upon Thames